Quinoa is a superfood that you’ve likely heard of at least once or twice in the past. It’s been around for quite some time but has only recently become a hot topic around the states. There are many reasons that so many people are talking about quinoa. It is easy to cook, an affordable, and can be eaten any meal. But, it is the amazing benefits of quinoa that really draw attention to the seed/grain.
· What are the benefits that keep people with a smile on their face and eager to try quinoa? The endless benefits will not fit onto this page, but we can provide a bit of insight into some of them. Quinoa benefits include:
· There are thousands of nutrients tucked right into the seed. It is so small and tiny that it is hard to believe, but it is true. We’re familiar with many of the nutrients. Things like iron, calcium, and zinc. But, there are tons that we’re not familiar with but that are very important to our body, such as quercetin and kaempferol. You can rest easy that you are in the best health with this food in the diet.
· It is easy to prepare quinoa. You won’t need to be an expert chef or even a good cook to prepare it. In fact, if you can boil rice, you can make this food because it is prepared the very same way!
· Diabetes is a common health condition that causes a rash of problems that are bigger than many people realize. When you add this superfood to the diet, the risk of developing diabetes is reduced.
· Most grains contain fiber in various amounts -which you need to consume on a regular basis. Quinoa contains fiber and it contains it in higher quantities than the other grains that you will find out there today. Fiber is important to your body. Now you can rest assured you get the RDA.
· It is gluten -free! Many people are removing wheat from their diet, whether due to health concerns or to improve their health. If you are one of those people, you’ll be glad to know that you can enjoy quinoa any time that you wish.
· We need proper protein to maintain muscle tone. It is not always easy to consume enough protein, however. Quinoa solves that problem and ensures that you get adequate amounts each day.